What Is In Deer Antler Velvet?
Deer antler velvet is the crushed antler base of a deer’s antler. These continually grow and regenerate on deer and have been used for thousands of years in the traditional Chinese medicine approach.
In recent years, it’s become more widely popular among western audiences.
Deer Antler Velvet Benefits
- Possible Increase in Hormone Level
- Improved Power Output
- Possible Improvement in Bone Healing
- Possible Skin Regeneration Properties
Like other novel compounds, Deer Antler Velvet is new and experimental. There are scarce long-term studies on many of the compounds but it’s possible that
Deer Antler Velvet Dosage
There’s not enough human studies to know the precise dosage to recommend.
- Most supplements contain 500mg and recommend to be taken daily.
- Traditional Chinese medicine seems to recommend 1-2g/day.
Deer Antler Velvet Extract
Mechanism of Action: How Does It Work?
It’s not currently known how deer antler velvet extract works.
Deer Antler Side Effects
Like all supplements, you should check with your doctor before using deer antler velvet.
Deer Antler Velvet is Also Known As:
- Deer Velvet Antler
- Velvet Antler
- Deer Antler
- Elk Velvet Antler
- Lus Jiao Pan
Research & Citations
Research on Other Novel Compounds
Other novel compounds you might also be interested in:
- Turkesterone Research Guide
- Ecdysterone Research Guide
- Fadogia Agrestis Research Guide
- Smelling Salts - Buyer’s Guide
- Tongat Ali Research Guide